These events are (mostly) free, fun, and open to the public. Also, many involve food. Please join me!
- Saturday, August 5 — Novato, CA. Join me and other Wanderland Writers for a reading from Wandering in Andalusia: The Soul of Southern Spain. We’ll be at the Novato Library from 11:00 to noon.
— 2017 —
- Saturday, January 21 — Corte Madera, CA. Need a respite from politics? I’m co-teaching “Writing Sexy Stuff” from 10:00 to 4:00 with Linda Watanabe McFerrin, and we guarantee you’ll lose yourself in sensual pleasures in this class, if only for a few hours.
— 2016 —
- Sunday, December 18. Wanderland Writers talking about the Andalusian journey on the Lilycat show. Live from 12 – 2pm on FCCFREE RADIO interview in San Francisco; call-ins welcome. (Google calls the station an “Iconic Staple of San Francisco” and a “Frontrunner in Internet Broadcasting.”)
- Monday, December 12 — San Francisco, CA. Wandering In Andalusia launch party begins at 6 p.m. at Book Passage in the Ferry Building.
- Saturday, December 10 — Corte Madera, CA. Wandering In Andalusia launch party begins at 7 p.m. at Book Passage. I’ll read an excerpt from “Chocotherapy” about my chocolate syrup massage in Seville.
- Saturday, November 26, 2016 — Corte Madera, CA. Celebrate Small Business Saturday all day at Book Passage in Corte Madera. I’ll be at the Left Coast Writers table (or speaking in the Event Room) between 2:00 and 4:00; stop by and say hello!
- Saturday, November 19. Presentation: FAQs about Independent Publishing, 11:00-12:30 with Bay Area Travel Writers.
- Saturday, October 8 — San Rafael, CA. Reading 2 – 3:30 p.m. at LitQuake – “Over the Edge” with Left Coast Writers.
- Saturday, October 8 — San Rafael, CA. Reading 6 – 7:30 p.m. at LitQuake – “Food and Travel” with Bay Area Travel Writers.
- Saturday, February 13 — Corte Madera, CA. Reading at 7 p.m. for Love in the 21st Century event at Book Passage.
- Wednesday, January 20 — Montclair, CA. Reading at 7 p.m. from Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts at A Great Good Place for Books.
— 2015 —
- Saturday, December 5 — Novato, CA. Reading at 11:00 from Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts at the Novato Public Library.
- Saturday, November 14 — Corte Madera, CA. Reading and party at 7:00 at Book Passage celebrating the release of Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts.
- Sunday, October 11 — Litquake in San Rafael. Reading sexy stuff from 3:00 to 4:15 p.m. at Pleasures of the Heart (1310 4th Street).
- Sunday, October 11 — Litquake in San Rafael. Reading travel memoir at 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. with Bay Area Travel Writers at Rebound Books.
- Wednesday, October 7 — Commonwealth Club in Lafayette. Interviewing travel writing legend Don George from 6:30 to 7:30.
- Friday, October 2 — Oakland, CA. Reading — with wine — at Laurel Book Store to celebrate the release of Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts.
- Saturday, September 20 — San Luis Obispo, CA. Class for Central Coast Writers Conference: Travel Memoir—Navigating the Wilds of Your Soul
- Saturday, September 20 — San Luis Obispo, CA. Class for Central Coast Writers Conference: From Sense to Sensuality—Enliven Any Genre
- Friday, September 19 — San Luis Obispo, CA. Panel for Central Coast Writers Conference: Travel Memoir with bestselling novelist Peter Nichols.
- Sunday, August 16 — San Francisco, CA. Conversation on FCCFREE Radio (Studio 1A) about Wandering in Cornwall. We’ll be live between noon and 2:00 — please call in and ask a question!
- Monday, August 10 — San Francisco 6 to 7:30 p.m. Launch party at the Ferry Plaza Book Passage for the new Wanderland Writers anthology, Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts.
- Saturday, June 20 — Novato 1 – 3 p.m. Workshop for Bay Area Independent Publishers Association: How to Launch—Planning a Successful Book Launch
- Saturday, June 20 — Novato. 11 a.m. to noon: Panel presentation to Bay Area Independent Publishers Association: The Real Life of Selfies (Self-Published Authors)
- Friday, February 13 — Podcast. Talking about travel writing with Catharine Bramkamp and Damien Boath for the Newbie Writers Podcast. 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 9 — San Francisco. Sexy stories at the Ferry Plaza Book Passage. 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Wine and chocolate will be served.
- Sunday, January 25, 2015 — San Anselmo. Words off Paper with a delightful theme: Love and Other Distractions. 3:00 to 4:30 at Insalata’s.
— 2014 —
- Saturday, October 18, 2014 — San Francisco. It’s the world-famous LitCrawl! I’ll be reading from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. along with some of the gang from Travelers’ Tales: Marcy Gordon, Jeff Greenwald, Larry Habegger, Lavinia Spalding, and Laurie Weed.
- Wednesday, October 15 — Pasadena. Reading, slideshow, and signing at Distant Lands, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 12 — Morro Bay. Coalesce Bookstore, Reading and signing from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 8 — Mill Valley. Reading at the Mill Valley Library, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. “Titans of Travel” series. I’ll be reading with these other titans: Lisa Alpine, Laura Deutsch, Michael Shapiro, Kevin Smokler, Jacqueline Yau, and Joyce Maynard.
- Monday, September 15 — Larkspur. Reading and signing at Larkspur Library, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 7 — Gig Harbor, WA. Signing at Mostly Books, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 3 — Berkeley. East Bay Launch Party at Books, Inc. 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 30 — Mill Valley. Book signing at The Depot, noon to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 23 — San Rafael. Book signing at Copperfield’s, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 22 — Los Gatos. Reading and signing at Village House of Books, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. (Store location #1: 326 Village Lane Los Gatos, California)
- Monday, August 11 — San Francisco. Reading and signing at Book Passage at the Ferry Plaza, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 9 — Corte Madera. My Great Big Book Launch Party at Book Passage. We will be serving luwak coffee(!) along with more traditional refreshments (wine, chocolate, humor, in whatever order you prefer) 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 14, 2014 — San Francisco. In celebration of Bastille Day, Wandering in Paris reading and signing at Book Passage at the Ferry Plaza, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.