These events are (mostly) free, fun, and open to the public. Also, many involve food and wine. Please join me!
- Saturday, August 5 — Novato, CA. Join me and other Wanderland Writers for a reading from Wandering in Andalusia: The Soul of Southern Spain. We’ll be at the Novato Library from 11:00 to noon.
- Saturday, August 19 — Corte Madera, CA. The big launch party for Your Crocodile has Arrived begins at 7 p.m. at Book Passage. I’ll read an excerpt from “Chocotherapy” about my full-body chocolate massage in Seville, and there will be plenty of chocolate available to eat, as well. We’ll also discuss flying saucers, ancient relics, and the world’s longest earthworms.
- Saturday, October 7—Corte Madera, CA. I’ll be emceeing at the launch of 20 Women Changemakers, where editor Pamela Burke will be in conversation with changemaker Denise Sandoval. 7:00 to 8:30.
- Wednesday, October 25 — San Francisco. I’ll be reading at the beloved Weekday Wanderlust at the Hotel Rex, 7 p.m., along with authors Kimberley Lovato (author of Unique Eats & Eateries of San Francisco) and Frances Stroh (author of Beer Money). This time, it’s from “The Dumpling Men of Taipei” and listeners will find out how the Dumpling Men manage to put the soup inside the dumplings.
- Sunday, July 16 — San Francisco. I’ll “talk story” from Your Crocodile has Arrived live from 12 – 2 p.m. on an FCCFREE RADIO interview; call-ins welcome. (Google calls the station an “Iconic Staple of San Francisco” and a “Frontrunner in Internet Broadcasting.”)
- Monday, July 1 — Corte Madera, CA. I’ll be presenting at the Notes on Networking salon, along with Linda Watanabe McFerrin, Daniel Bacon, Constance Hale, John Hewitt, and Kaye McKinzie. Contact Left Coast Writers to attend as a guest.
- Saturday, January 21 — Corte Madera, CA. Need a respite from politics? I’m co-teaching “Writing Sexy Stuff” from 10:00 to 4:00 with Linda Watanabe McFerrin, and we guarantee you’ll lose yourself in sensual pleasures in this class, if only for a few hours.
— 2016 —
- Sunday, December 18. Wanderland Writers talking about the Andalusian journey on the Lilycat show. Live from 12 – 2 p.m. on FCCFREE RADIO interview in San Francisco; call-ins welcome.
- Monday, December 12 — San Francisco, CA. Wandering In Andalusia launch party begins at 6 p.m. at Book Passage in the Ferry Building.
- Saturday, December 10 — Corte Madera, CA. Wandering In Andalusia launch party begins at 7 p.m. at Book Passage. I’ll read an excerpt from “Chocotherapy” about my chocolate syrup massage in Seville.
- Saturday, November 26, 2016 — Corte Madera, CA. Celebrate Small Business Saturday all day at Book Passage in Corte Madera. I’ll be at the Left Coast Writers table (or speaking in the Event Room) between 2:00 and 4:00; stop by and say hello!
- Saturday, November 19. Presentation: FAQs about Independent Publishing, 11:00-12:30 with Bay Area Travel Writers.
- Saturday, October 8 — San Rafael, CA. Reading 2 – 3:30 p.m. at LitQuake – “Over the Edge” with Left Coast Writers.
- Saturday, October 8 — San Rafael, CA. Reading 6 – 7:30 p.m. at LitQuake – “Food and Travel” with Bay Area Travel Writers.
- Saturday, February 13 — Corte Madera, CA. Reading at 7 p.m. for Love in the 21st Century event at Book Passage.
- Wednesday, January 20 — Montclair, CA. Reading at 7 p.m. from Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts at A Great Good Place for Books.
— 2015 —
- Saturday, December 5 — Novato, CA. Reading at 11:00 from Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts at the Novato Public Library.
- Saturday, November 14 — Corte Madera, CA. Reading and party at 7:00 at Book Passage celebrating the release of Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts.
- Sunday, October 11 — Litquake in San Rafael. Reading sexy stuff from 3:00 to 4:15 p.m. at Pleasures of the Heart (1310 4th Street).
- Sunday, October 11 — Litquake in San Rafael. Reading travel memoir at 10:00 to 11:00 a.m. with Bay Area Travel Writers at Rebound Books.
- Wednesday, October 7 — Commonwealth Club in Lafayette. Interviewing travel writing legend Don George from 6:30 to 7:30.
- Friday, October 2 — Oakland, CA. Reading — with wine — at Laurel Book Store to celebrate the release of Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts.
- Saturday, September 20 — San Luis Obispo, CA. Class for Central Coast Writers Conference: Travel Memoir—Navigating the Wilds of Your Soul
- Saturday, September 20 — San Luis Obispo, CA. Class for Central Coast Writers Conference: From Sense to Sensuality—Enliven Any Genre
- Friday, September 19 — San Luis Obispo, CA. Panel for Central Coast Writers Conference: Travel Memoir with bestselling novelist Peter Nichols.
- Sunday, August 16 — San Francisco, CA. Conversation on FCCFREE Radio (Studio 1A) about Wandering in Cornwall. We’ll be live between noon and 2:00 — please call in and ask a question!
- Monday, August 10 — San Francisco 6 to 7:30 p.m. Launch party at the Ferry Plaza Book Passage for the new Wanderland Writers anthology, Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Mirth and Transformation the Land of Ancient Celts.
- Saturday, June 20 — Novato 1 – 3 p.m. Workshop for Bay Area Independent Publishers Association: How to Launch—Planning a Successful Book Launch
- Saturday, June 20 — Novato. 11 a.m. to noon: Panel presentation to Bay Area Independent Publishers Association: The Real Life of Selfies (Self-Published Authors)
- Friday, February 13 — Podcast. Talking about travel writing with Catharine Bramkamp and Damien Boath for the Newbie Writers Podcast. 2:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, February 9 — San Francisco. Sexy stories at the Ferry Plaza Book Passage. 6:00 to 7:00 p.m. Wine and chocolate will be served.
- Sunday, January 25, 2015 — San Anselmo. Words off Paper with a delightful theme: Love and Other Distractions. 3:00 to 4:30 at Insalata’s.
— 2014 —
- Saturday, October 18, 2014 — San Francisco. It’s the world-famous LitCrawl! I’ll be reading from 7:15 to 8:15 p.m. along with some of the gang from Travelers’ Tales: Marcy Gordon, Jeff Greenwald, Larry Habegger, Lavinia Spalding, and Laurie Weed.
- Wednesday, October 15 — Pasadena. Reading, slideshow, and signing at Distant Lands, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m.
- Sunday, October 12 — Morro Bay. Coalesce Bookstore, Reading and signing from 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 8 — Mill Valley. Reading at the Mill Valley Library, 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. “Titans of Travel” series. I’ll be reading with these other titans: Lisa Alpine, Laura Deutsch, Michael Shapiro, Kevin Smokler, Jacqueline Yau, and Joyce Maynard.
- Monday, September 15 — Larkspur. Reading and signing at Larkspur Library, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m.
- Sunday, September 7 — Gig Harbor, WA. Signing at Mostly Books, 2:00 to 4:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, September 3 — Berkeley. East Bay Launch Party at Books, Inc. 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Saturday, August 30 — Mill Valley. Book signing at The Depot, noon to 2:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 23 — San Rafael. Book signing at Copperfield’s, 1:00 to 3:00 p.m.
- Friday, August 22 — Los Gatos. Reading and signing at Village House of Books, 7:00 to 8:00 p.m. (Store location #1: 326 Village Lane Los Gatos, California)
- Monday, August 11 — San Francisco. Reading and signing at Book Passage at the Ferry Plaza, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday, August 9 — Corte Madera. My Great Big Book Launch Party at Book Passage. We will be serving luwak coffee(!) along with more traditional refreshments (wine, chocolate, humor, in whatever order you prefer) 7:00 to 8:30 p.m.
- Monday, July 14, 2014 — San Francisco. In celebration of Bastille Day, Wandering in Paris reading and signing at Book Passage at the Ferry Plaza, 6:00 to 7:00 p.m.