Laurie McAndish KingAward-winning author
Your Crocodile has Arrived
More true stories from a curious traveler
Whether your taste runs to crocodiles or chocolate, ancient relics or flying saucers, you’re sure to find entertainment and illumination in this collection of 21 true stories. Join in as the author…
- Makes a pilgrimage to see a 2,500-year-old tooth.
- Checks out the world’s largest earthworms — some are as much as twenty feet long.
- Receives a full-body chocolate massage.
- Participates in a shamanic ayahuasca ritual.
- Learns the secrets of alien spaceship propulsion — from an Ivy-League astrophysicist.
Praise for Your Crocodile has Arrived …
Lost, Kidnapped, Eaten Alive!
True stories from a curious traveler
What happens when a practical midwestern gal sets off to explore the world? Laurie McAndish King’s travels seem innocent in the planning stage, but surprising adventure follows as she finds herself…
- Accidentally marrying a Maasai warrior in Kenya.
- Tracking lions — on foot — without a gun in Botswana.
- Attempting to eat a horse in southern Italy.
- Sampling the world’s most expensive coffee — which is brewed from the excrement of a small mammal in Bali.
Whether she is lost in Melbourne, kidnapped in the Tunisian desert, or eaten alive by the blood-sucking denizens of tropical north Queensland, King’s stories — quirky, poignant, occasionally unsettling, and often quite funny — promise to entertain and inspire you.
Praise for Lost, Kidnapped, Eaten Alive!
Laurie’s writing has appeared in travel anthologies published by Lonely Planet, Travelers’ Tales, Wanderland Writers, and others:
- Travel Stories of Wonder and Change (Bay Area Travel Writers, 2020)
- Wandering in Greece: Athens, Islands and Antiquities (Wanderland Writers, 2020)
- Wandering in Cuba: Revolution and Beyond (Wanderland Writers, 2018)
- Wandering in Andalusia: The Soul of Southern Spain (Wanderland Writers, 2016)
- Wandering in Cornwall: Mystery, Myth and Transformation in the Land of Ancient Celts (Wanderland Writers, 2015)
- Wandering in Paris: Luminaries and Love in the City of Light (Wanderland Writers, 2013)
- Travel Stories from Around the Globe (Bay Area Travel Writers, 2012)
- Wandering in Bali: A Tropical Paradise Discovered (Wanderland Writers, 2012)
- Animal Addict’s Guide to Global Volunteer Travel (Dog’s Eye View Media, 2011)
- Wandering in Costa Rica: Landscapes Lost and Found (Wanderland Writers, 2010)
- The Best Women’s Travel Writing 2009 (Travelers’ Tales, 2009)
- Venturing in Italy: Travels in Puglia, Land Between Two Seas (Travelers’ Tales, 2008)
- Venturing in Ireland: Quest for the Modern Celtic Soul (Travelers’ Tales, 2007)
- 30 Days in Italy: True Stories of Escape to the Good Life (Travelers’ Tales, 2006)
- The Thong Also Rises (Travelers’ Tales, 2005)
- The Kindness of Strangers (Lonely Planet, 2003) edited by Don George, and with a preface from His Holiness the Dalai Lama. Other contributors include Jan Morris, Simon Winchester, Pico Iyer, and Tim Cahill.